Belgrade:(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)(9)(10)(11)(12)(13)(14)(15) Bellow: Foundations to St. Sava
Church were laid in the 1920s. In 1945 construction came to an end. In
1989 it commenced again but by early 1990s funds were low so construction
ceased. Recently work on the Church begun again but at a slow pace. In
any case, the Church is operating as the construction proceeds. St. Sava
Church is the largest place of worship in the Orthodox World. It truly
is a wonderful structure, visible from almost any part of Belgrade.
Left: Holy Virgin Monastery in Belgrade.
Right: Church of St. Nikola.